2014年7月24日星期四

Modern Day DJ

Modern Day DJ

Modern Day DJ


I?ve always enjoyed DJing , it?s a hobby more than a profession for me but I still do get asked to do small parties and even weddings. I?ve been messing around with DJing since I was a teenager, which is a very very long time ago! A lot has changed since then, not just the music but the equipment too. Obviously as time has gone on all the kit has upgraded and become much easier to use and hook up.

Back in the day we would use the red book CD to store all our music files, now a day you can use a Rega DAC hooked up to a laptop which does the same job only better! The Rega DAC is a 16/20/24-bit at 32kHz to 192kHz digital to analogue converter. The guys at Rega have designed this DAC to optimise performance from any two channel PCM digital audio source such as a CD player PC or streaming equipment.

I love modern technology especially if it helps me get more out of myself; with every piece of new kit that comes out I get to carry less of my old stuff around. As long as they don?t replace the DJ I?m happy.

Now back to the music, when I started off doing small parties I was playing ABBA, Michael Jackson and Tina Turner but now sometimes I don?t even know the artists names! I play them because the crowd want them. Some are to my taste while others I?m not too sure about!



没有评论:

发表评论